In the unfortunate event that you experience a fire in your home, you should call Tru-Colors Fire & Water Restoration® for professional restoration service.
It is important that the cleanup begins as soon as possible. Smoke residues are acidic in nature and with time they will cause surfaces to corrode and stain permanently. Smoke residues that were pressurized during the fire will permeate cracks and crevices of building materials and deposit odor-causing residues.
Tru-Colors service professionals will work quickly to stop the damage and restore your home and contents back to pre-fire conditions by using cleaning systems and equipment that will help eliminate costly replacement of restorable items. Smoke odors can be difficult to remove due to its penetration and absorption into building materials. Tru-Color service providers have the knowledge, products, and equipment to permanently remove these stubborn odors. Place our phone number with your emergency numbers and call us for an estimate of damage repair in the unfortunate event of a fire or smoke damage.
In the event of fire or smoke damage, do the following:
- Stay calm! First, call Tru-Colors Fire & Water Restoration
- Inventory contents
- Open all windows
- Empty freezer and refrigerator completely if electricity is off. Prop open doors.
- Remove pets (especially birds) to clean environments.
Tru-Colors Fire & Water Restoration will:
- Professionally clean upholstery, drapes, carpets, walls, and all other contents.
- Clean and protect trim and hardware on kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances.
- Clean and protect bathroom fixtures from smoke damage.
- Deodorize to permanently remove any smoke odor.
Do not attempt the following:
- Attempt to wipe or wash the walls, ceilings, or other absorbent surfaces without professional assistance.
- Use upholstered furniture if it can be avoided.
- Use exposed food goods or canned goods that have been subject to excessive heat.
- Use TVs, stereos, or any other electrical appliances until cleaned and checked.
- Send smoked garments to an ordinary dry cleaner, because improper cleaning may set the smoke/odor.
- While soot may resemble smoke residues from a fire, the restoration of soot damage often requires different techniques. Incorrect action can make restoration more difficult and delay the return to normal.
- First, call Tru-Color Fire & Water Restoration for quick professional service.
- Change and save the old furnace filter.
- Blow off or brush-vacuum loose soot particles from upholstery, draperies and carpets.
- Cover upholstery with clean sheets before use.